Plan Your Visit
Based on advice from local health officials and in keeping with decisions being made across the City of London, effective March 16, 2020, McIntosh Gallery will be closed until further notice.
For ongoing coverage of COVID-19 protocol and operations at Western University, visit https://www.uwo.ca/coronavirus/
McIntosh Gallery is located at the centre of Western's campus tucked between University College and Physics and Astronomy (directions below). Look for the stone building with bright red doors. Admission to the gallery is by donation. We regret that McIntosh Gallery is not wheelchair accessible.
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Saturday: 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Please Note: occasionally throughout the year, the galleries are closed to install exhibitions. Please check exhibition dates to ensure access.
Monday to Friday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M
Curatorial Study Centre Hours:
Monday to Friday 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
How to get to McIntosh Gallery:
Walk or cycle:
From Richmond Street:
- Turn onto University Drive at the gates of Western University on Richmond Street
- Cross the bridge over the river
- Continue straight through the traffic lights on Middlesex Drive
- The road curves to the right. Turn left towards the Physics and Astronomy Building
- McIntosh, a building with bright red doors, is next to the Physics and Astronomy Building
From Western Road:
- Turn onto Lambton Road at the Western Road gate
- Exit the traffic circle onto Oxford Drive
- Turn right after Stevenson Hall
- McIntosh Gallery, a building with bright red doors, is on the left
Several London Transit Commission bus routes (2, 10, 27, 34, 94, 102 and 106) stop directly behind McIntosh Gallery at the the Natural Sciences Building transit terminal. Other busses, including the 6, 13, 34, 93 among others, stop elsewhere on campus within walking distance of McIntosh Gallery. Consult the London Transit Commission website for ideal transit routes and information on detours, fare, road closures and service interruptions.
Paid visitor parking is available at the Social Sciences and Weldon Library lots. For other parking options (registered and/or metered parking) please review Western University's parking and visitor services website or call McIntosh Gallery at (519) 661-3181.
Find McIntosh Gallery on Google Maps
View Larger Map